Going on a holiday?
Travel Visa is for anyone wanting to travel, holiday, visit a place, visit relatives or friends or even write an exam or undergo medical treatment. Travel Visa is a conditional authorization given by a competent authority of a country to an individual who is not a citizen of that country to enter its territory and to remain there for a limited duration. Visas are associated with the request for permission to enter and remain in a country. The Visas are granted to applicants who have a genuine intent or have traveled overseas before & have the finances to support themselves in the country they are visiting. Visa requirements vary from country to country and it also depends on your nationality.
The Visa, when required, was historically granted by an immigration official on a visitor's arrival at the frontiers of a country, but increasingly today a traveller wishing to enter another country must apply in advance for a Visa. For some countries and nationals, the tourist Visa should be obtained before traveling, while for some it is granted on arrival.
More often than not, an assessment is based on documents submitted & the Visa interviews are rare. Each country typically attaches various conditions to their Visas:
- Duration of stay
- The territory covered by the Visa
- Dates of validity
This Visa is granted for three to six months for first-time applicants based on the country which they are applying; those who have visited before can apply for 1, 2, 5 or 10 years depending on their profile and country. Only the US Visa requires the applicant to attend a personal interview if he/she hasn’t traveled before, all other countries ask for a personal interview very rarely. The Visa is stamped on the passport or sent by mail. This Visa is commonly a stamp endorsed in the applicant's passport or any other travel document.
Each country has a multitude of categories of Visas and with various names. The most common types and names of Visas include:
- Transit Visa: Individuals passing through the country to another destination outside that country. The validity of transit Visas is usually limited by short terms such as several hours to 10 days depending on the size of the country and/or the circumstances of a particular transit itinerary.
- Short-stay or visitor Visa: For short visits to the host country. Many countries differentiate between different reasons for these:
- Private Visa
- Tourist Visa
- Working Holiday Visa
- Visa for medical reasons
- Business Visa
- Emergency Visa
- Religious Visa
- Athletic or artistic Visa
- Cultural exchange Visa
3. Long-stay Visa: Valid for a longer period of time but still finite stays:
- Student Visa
- Temporary Worker Visa: Depending on a particular country, the status of a temporary worker may or may not evolve into the status of Permanent Resident or to Naturalization.
- Journalist Visa
- Residence Visa
- Immigrant Visa: granted for those intending to immigrate to the issuing country.
- Official Visa: is granted to officials doing a job for their governments or otherwise representing their countries in the host country, such as the personnel of diplomatic missions.
By a method of Issuance
• On-arrival Visa: granted at a port of entry. This is distinct from not requiring a Visa at all, as the visitor must still obtain the Visa before they can even try to pass through immigration.
• Electronic Visa: The Visa is stored in a computer and is electronically tied to the passport number; no label, sticker or stamp is placed in the passport before travel.
The ‘Visitor Visa’ is a type of Non-Immigrant Visa for individuals desiring to enter the country other than the country of citizenship, temporarily for business (B-1) or for pleasure, tourism or medical treatment (B-2). International travelers with Visitor Visas comprise a large portion of temporary visitor travel World wide, every year.
Those intend to visit their relatives, too come under this category. This is known as Sponsorship case in lay man’s term
This list is not exhaustive. Some countries may have more detailed classifications of some of these categories reflecting the nuances of their respective geographies, social conditions, economics, international treaties, etc. Others, on the contrary, may combine some types into broader categories.
By choosing GIC you get the services of Visa.
When you are going on a journey of a lifetime and are all prepared to depart, a Visa should not be the showstopper. Make sure you use Global Immigration Consultant Visa Services to file your Visa application to make sure your Visa application is done right the first time and is ready for your departure.When you choose us, you increase the probability of getting your Visa stamping and making the process as smooth as possible. We, at GIC offer documentation processing, application & filing services for those interested in applying for a travel Visa.