Tourist/Travel Visa USA
- The purpose of their trip is to enter the U.S. for business, pleasure, or medical treatment
- That they plan to remain for a specific, limited period
- That they have a residence outside the U.S. as well as other binding ties which will insure their return abroad at the end of the visit
What is the Process:
There are 4 USA Consulates in India and based on your address of residence/state in India, you need to contact a specific consulate that is applicable for you. Prepare all the documents as per the list says above.
Sponsor in the USA needs to send:
- Completed and notarized Affidavit of Support from I-134. You can download it from US-INS website
- A letter from Bank/Bank's (on their business letterhead), stating your account summary
- Talk to your bank and ask for your Account verification letter. (Usually, the Bank's office stationary should have the Date of Account Opened and Current Balance)
- Copy of your Bank Statement, showing a good balance in order to justify your financial position
- Certificate Letter from your employer (on company's business letterhead), stating that you are a permanent employee of the company, and also stating your salary. 1 or 2 recent pay stub copies. If you are a Visa holder Copies of your - Visa (H1/L1), H1 approval form (I-797), and I-94. (If the visa has expired but has a renewed petition, photocopy of the renewed petition. )
- If Green Card Holder: Copy of the Green Card. If USA citizen: Copy of certificate of citizenship
Whichever is applicable
- A photocopy of your complete Passport, including even the blank pages
- Copy of recent Income Tax returns
- An application/letter from you to the US consulate in India (address it to the particular consulate e.g. Delhi), requesting for issuing a visitor visa to the concerned person, stating that you will be taking care of every needful for these people, including tickets, boarding, and other expenses in USA.
- A formal invitation letter addressed to the person (persons) you are inviting to the US. Also stating that you will be taking care of all their needs while in the US, including tickets, boarding, and other expenses in the USA
Completed Non-immigration Visa application form DS-156, which is also available free of charge at the consulates only. (Separate for each visitor)
Completed form DS-157, for all male nonimmigrant visa applicants between the ages of 16 and 45, available free of charge at the consulates only. (Separate for each visitor)
Each applicant, including children of any age, must possess an individual passport valid for travel to the United States with a validity date at least six months beyond the intended period of stay.
Two photographs 2 and 2 inches square (50 mm square) for each applicant, showing full face, without any head covering, against a light background. To be used in the application Form. US consulates are very particular about the Photographs specification.
Must follow these guidelines for photographs!