Tourist Visa Canada
Canada is one of the most desirable nations with some striking landscapes. The country is popularly renowned for its industrial improvements, huge ography and prosperous natural resources. It is combination of awe-inspiring tourist attractions, unique sites and natural beauty. All these things entice foreign nationals to visit Canada for tourism.
In Canada, visas for tourism are issued for a maximum duration of six months and though they are variously referred to as visit visas and travel visas, they are officially regarded as Temporary Resident Visas or TRVs.Canadian tourist visas are specifically issued as a temporary immigration service and do not constitute a route to permanent settlement. A Canadian temporary resident visa is strictly a temporary grant of leave to enter Canada and applicants will be obliged to return to their country of residence on or before the expiry of their Canada visa.
Canadian Tourist Visa, Canada Visitor Visa, Canada Visit Visa or Visitor Visa is a temporary Canadian immigration option allowing tourists to visit Canada for a maximum of six months. Every year more than 5 million people visit Canada either as a student, tourist or temporary worker.
Although Canada does permit foreign nationals from a number of countries to spend short periods of time in the country without applying for visa, in most cases a Canadian visa application will be necessary to enter the country
Temporary Resident Visas also allow their holder to study for a very short period of time provided that their course does not exceed the six-month duration of the visa. However holders of travel visas for Canada are not permitted to engage in any kind of employment whether paid or unpaid during their time in Canada..
A Canadian visitor visa allows its holder to enter Canada for a period of up to six months and unlike longer term business visas and student visas it places few requirement upon the holder beyond their ability to support themselves and their intention to return home.
There are certain entry requirements that have to be met based on where the applicant lives and the reason for their visit. The applicant will need to have a Temporary Resident Visa in some cases like, if they plan to stay in Canada for a certain period of time.
Visitors are not permitted to work on this visa and are expected to leave Canada before the visa expires. Applicants can visit Canada along with their dependents and children.
The following eligibility criteria should be met
- Applicants must demonstrate that they possess sufficient funds to support themselves and their family for the entire period of their visit.
- Applicants must not intend to seek or undertake a job.
- Applicants should have no criminal record and intend to strictly comply with the laws of the country.
- Applicants may be required to undergo medical examination.
- Applicants who might stay either with their relatives or friends should also provide invitation letter.
- Applicants of certain countries may need a temporary resident visa.
- Valid passport from each applicant
- Employment proof that confirms your return to native country such as:
- Confirmation document from employer regarding your salary and length of employment and/ or employment contract
- Leave grant letter from employer
- Salary statements
- If you are self employed your business license and/or registration
- Proof of Personal Funds
- Letter of invitation and/or statutory declaration (affidavit) of support from family or friend
- Proof of immigration status of inviter (copy of Canadian permanent resident card, passport, citizenship card or work/study permit.
- For visa applicants without any invitation have to submit detailed itinerary including proof of air ticket and hotel booking
Categories of Visit Visa:
A Single Entry Visitor Visa:
This visa category allows the applicants to visit Canada once for a period of 6 months. However, the applicant can apply for an extension of a minimum 30 days before the expiry of the original visa, when they are in Canada.
Multiple Entry Visitor Visa:
Under this visa category, applicants can travel to and fro from Canada on many occasions within the validity period of the Canadian travel visa. The applicant must specify the length of time he/she requires and the time awarded subsequently depends on the case officer.
This category in designed for the people transiting through Canada on the way to another destination, the length of stay should be no longer than 48 hours.
Business Visitor Visa:
This visa category allows the applicants to visit for Business purpose duration may be a period of 6 months or more. However, the applicant can apply for an extension of a minimum 30 days before the expiry of the original visa.
Basic Features of the Visa:
- The Canada Tourist Visa, Canada Visitor Visa, Canada Visit Visa allows you to travel throughout Canada and visit Canada's many attractions
- You can visit family and friends.
- Visitors can also register for short courses relating to courses of areas of general interest, or to learn English or French.
- Visitors can meet with prospective employers or recruiters in pursuit of employment opportunities.
Spouses and Dependants
Spouse, common law partner and dependent children over 18 years of age are required to apply individually for their own visiting visas and meet the appropriate criteria.
GIC offers advice and guidance for best possible documentation. We assist and guide you at each step till you get your visa.
- Provide documents samples and assist you with inputs wherever necessary
- Provide you the document checklist stage-wise and assisting you with the requisites and the alternatives upon receiving the signed service agreement copy
- Corresponding with the department, on your behalf, if required
- Professional advice on complete process stage wise
- Post landing, traveling and settling assistance
Contact Gobal Immigration Consultant for more info!