Partner Immigration Australia

You might be able to get this visa if you are nominated by a State or Territory or the Australian Government; and hold a Provisional Business Innovation and Investment visa (subclass 188) and have met the requirements of that Visa in the stream in which you first applied or hold a Special Category visa (subclass 444) or a Business (Long stay) visa (subclass 457IE) and have met the requirements of the business innovation stream

If you are planning to marry, or married to, or are in a committed relationship with an Australian national or permanent resident, then you can apply for Australia Partner Immigration.

Spouses or partners or fiancés of Australian nationals or permanent resident visa holders or qualified New Zealand nationals may apply to Australia immigration to enter and settle in Australia permanently. Partner Category immigration is applied to:

  • Individuals planning to get married i.e. fiancés
  • Married partners or spouses
  • De facto partners subsuming those in a same-sex relationship
  • Individuals can apply for Australia partner immigration either outside Australia or within Australia.

If you are planning to apply for a visa, within Australia, then you can apply for Australia Partner Temporary Visa (Subclass 820) and Permanent visa (subclass 801). To apply from outside the Australia, you can apply for Partner Temporary Visa (Subclass 309) and Permanent Visa (Subclass 100) and Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 300).

Australia partner visa subclass 820 and 801:

This visa is intended for individuals who are in a de-facto relationship or married to an Australian national or PR holder or qualified New Zealand national. On this visa applicants can stay along with their spouse or de-facto partner.

The temporary Partner visa (subclass 820) is the initial step towards the Australian permanent Partner visa (subclass 801).

Australia Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) & Partner (Migrant) visa (subclass 100)

Akin to the aforesaid partner visa subclass 820 and 801, this visa allows you to live along with your spouse who is already residing in Australia either as an Australian citizen or PR holder or New Zealand nation.  However, you should be outside the Australia while applying the Partner visa (subclass 309).

The Partner visa (subclass 309) is the initial step towards the Australian Permanent Partner visa (subclass 100).

We, at GIC, are a one-stop solution for people who wish to immigrate to Australia. Our team of expert consultants provide individuals with the necessary information and make the process easy and hassle-free.

Have questions? Ask a specialist