Business Visa USA

USA Green Card Visa


United States of America or USA is undoubtedly one of the best economies in the world with the excellent education system, state-of-the-art business infrastructure, exuberant tourism activities and high standards of living. If you are planning to make the USA your permanent residence, you must first attain a US Green Card.


US EB-5 Program


Since its introduction in 1990, the United States Employment-Based (Category) 5 Program, popularly known as the US EB-5 Program, offers an exclusive category of immigration Visa for foreign High Net worth investors. The program was initiated with the aim of strengthening the US Economy by creating new jobs and investment of foreign investors. The EB-5 Visa, based on a qualifying US investment, approves an applicant for a Green Card before immigrating to the country. It does not require the individual to manage the day-to-day affairs of a business. The applicant is required to invest US $500,000* in a Regional Center Project approved by the CIS based proposals for promoting economic growth.


What is a Regional Center?


Regional Center is an entity, organization or agency that has been approved as such by the US CIS. Regional Centers are eligible to receive immigrant investor capital of US $500,000. Regional Center investors could directly or indirectly create job positions by hiring 10 employees. It focuses on a specific geographic area within the United States & exceeds the National average unemployment rate. It seeks to promote economic growth to increase export productivity, the creation of new jobs and increased domestic capital investment.


Benefits of using regional center projects:


  • No day-to-day management required
  • The 10 jobs created from the investment can be direct or indirect
  • The investor can live and work anywhere in the U.S
  • The investor can be a professional, a business person or even a retiree



  • Invest US $500,000 in a Government approved Regional Center
  • Source of Investment should be legal
  • No requirement of prior business experience
  • No requirement of Education
  • No age bar
  • Knowledge of English Language is not necessary
  • The Applicant should be in good health


Why GIC?


Shifting your base and permanently residing in another country takes a lot of work and legal formalities. GIC, being a leading global resettlement consultant, offers end-to-end immigration and visa services to its clients. A team of expert professionals with years of experience in resettlements, guides you through the entire visa/immigration/permanent residency process, informs you about the work scenario in USA and helps you get a Green Card (permanent residency) in the shortest possible time.


The USA is a favorite destination for everyone who wishes to immigrate for a better quality of life for himself, his family and future generations as well


1. B1 (Business Visitors) VISA 


Visitors arriving in the United States for business purposes require a valid business visitor visa namely B1 visa or an ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization).

A B1 visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows visitors to come to the United States temporarily for business purposes only. They may get involved in business activities like consultation with business associates, conferring contracts and attending seminars or conferences in the US.

Visitors traveling for business purposes from participating VWP (Visa Waiver Program) nations may be required to procure an ESTA before leaving for their trip.


B1 Visa Requirements

A B1 visa can only be acquired abroad. The applicants need to establish the purpose of their trip to be for business activities only. These activities should not involve gainful employment or compensation from any source within the United States.

B1 visa applicants may be required to show that they have sufficient funds to support themselves during their stay. They may also be obliged to meet certain health and character requirements. Applicants must express their intent to return to their home country at the end of their stay.


B1 Visa Entitlements

A B1 visa holder is usually allowed to remain in the US for a maximum of one (1) year. The holder's spouse, dependent children, and domestic employees may also be entitled to accompany them to the US on a derivative non-immigrant visa. B1 visa holders may be allowed to change their visa status, if required, to engage in employment or full-time study, given that the applicant fulfills the additional eligibility criteria.



2. B2 (Tourists)  VISA


Almost all visitors going to the United States, as tourists require a valid tourist visa which is a B2 visa or an ESTA.

A B2 visa is a non-immigrant visa that permits tourists only temporary visit to the United States. B2 visa holders can undertake city tours, can go sightseeing, call upon family and friends or, if needed, receive medical treatment in the US.

Tourists participating from VWP (Visa Waiver Program) countries are required to acquire an ESTA before departing for their trip.


B2 Visa Requirements

A B2 visa can only be procured abroad. The applicants must verify the purpose of their trip. The purpose of the trip can only be for pleasure, tourism or medical treatment.


Applicants must prove they intend to return to their home country at the end of their stay. B2 visa applicants may also be required to show that they have sufficient funds to support themselves during their stay. They may also be obliged to meet certain health and character requirements.


B2 Visa Entitlements

A B2 visa normally allows the holder to remain in the US for a maximum of six (6) months. In certain cases, some B2 visa holders may be allowed to stay up to one year.

A B2 visa holder may be permitted to undertake short-term study course during his stay, but will not be allowed to undertake long-term study course nor will he be entitled to take up employment.

However, in some particular circumstances, a B2 visa holder is allowed to change his visa status during his stay itself to engage in employment or to undertake a full-time study course.


3. L 1A Visa - Intra-company transferee visa L1


An L1 visa is a work visa, temporary in nature, for important employees working for international companies. This allows the employees to be transferred to the US to continue working for their employer.


An L1 visa is also suitable for significant employees working for an international company who are transferred to the US to establish a parent, branch, affiliate, or subsidiary of the company. The international company may be either the US or foreign enterprise.


L1 Visa Requirements

The main criteria to qualify for an L1 visa is that the applicant must be employed by the company for at least one year without a break or within preceding three years in a managerial capacity or in any specialized knowledge capacity. Furthermore, the applicant must be intending to hold a similar managerial or a major position within the company.

L1 visa applicants may also be obliged to meet certain health and character requirements.


L1 Visa Entitlements

The L1 visa is of a temporary nature allowing the visa holder to stay and work in the US temporarily.

If the company is already established in the US then an L1 visa is usually granted for 3 years. If the company is new then, an L1 visa is granted for 1 year. Extensions of an L1 visa may be also be granted.


Inter-company transferees holding an L1 visa are allowed to maintain L1 visa status while applying for a Green Card, which allows permanent US residency.

Spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age may apply for the applicable derivative visa (L2 visa) to join their spouse or parents in the US.

Spouses and children accompanying their spouses or parents respectively are allowed to undertake employment with an approved employment authorization or study in the United States without procuring a student visa.


Have questions? Ask a specialist