Immigration to UK
The United Kingdom presents one of the toughest immigration processes around the globe. In spite of all hurdles and barriers erected to plug inflow of excess Migrants, the charisma of Great Britain refuses to fade away, especially from Asia and primarily India. More and more aspirants have been lining up to grab opportunities to shift to the U.K.
Broadly put, U.K. visa statutes for immigrants have been classified into tier system - Tier- 1 & 2. Tier 1 eligibilities are assessed on the basis of point based evaluation of migrant profiles.
How does it work?
Migrating to a different country to work, settle or study is an expensive & time-consuming process. Sometimes, even after a lot of time, money & effort has been spent, the migration attempt can be unsuccessful.
Immigration to the UK is the process by which people migrate to the UK to reside in the country. The majority of these individuals become UK citizens.
GIC understands you and your needs & offers a helping hand for your immigration requirements. Here's some information about how immigration process to the UK works:
Tier 1: Highly esteemed immigrants who can really contribute to the U.K.’s economy. These have been categorized as like-
Top notch professionals: There is an annual sealing of 1000 outstanding individuals in their respective premises. They must be nominated by specified bodies in their areas
- Royal Society
- Arts Council, England
- British Academy
- Royal Academy of Engineering
Business owners: Financial and procedural stipulations are attached (minimum investment ready funds). Point evaluation is carried out before first grant and renewal. Initial assessment evaluates migrant’s financial profile, background and linguistic abilities (95 marks are regarded as qualifying marks), while in renewal evaluation performance of migrant who was granted entry is evaluated as per specified parameters
- Investment in real terms
- Jobs created
- Linguistic abilities
- Activity record of migrant while being in the UK on a visa to ascertain involvement in the management of business established by migrant etc.
Investors: At least 75 marks in point assessment are mandatory. These marks are obtainable if a migrant has-
- Requisite stipulated investment ready funds, or
- Qualifying financial profile and credit facility from a designated U.K. financial institution
General classes: For migrants already in country on basis of permit to reside in U.K. under any of these classes
- Highly skilled migrant
- Writers, composers or artists
- Self-employed Advocates
- Tier 1 (General)
- Highly trained immigrant scheme (HSMP), if you are eligible to switch into Tier 1 (General).
It is mandatory to secure 95 marks in point assessment and 100 marks if the migrant filing is under another qualified visa class.
Graduated business owners: Annual sealing of 1000 applications and only those migrants can file under this class who are already residing in U.K. and have been identified by U.K. academic establishment as having potential in business ownership or innovation and ability to apply innovative ideas. 95 marks are compulsory in point assessment.
Tier 2: Trained workers under classes
- General: There is a sealing for the year 2012-13 of 20,700 applications for migrants with salaries under £150,000 while there is no such sealing for migrants with salaries above £150,000
- Priests: For ministers and priests of different faiths and communities
- Sportsmen: For internationally acclaimed sportsmen and coaches with significant achievements in their respective fields
Intra-company transfer: Applicable for short or long tenure postings of staff trainees and training staff of a multi-national organization having an office in the country.
This is just for starters, for a detailed analysis & processing, get in touch with us today!